Online Resources Available for Public Input, Webinar Set for March 3
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is seeking public comment on proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations for 2016-17.
Access to the online resources, including details on these proposals and options to provide public comment, can be found at http://tpwd.texas.gov/
Learn more and make comments about specific proposals at these public hearings around the state. All meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- March 1 — Emory: Emory City Centre, 329 N. Texas St. (Texas 19), Emory.
- March 2 — Beaumont/Port Arthur: Jefferson County Courthouse, 1149 Pearl St., Beaumont.
- March 2 — Ellis County Sub Courthouse, 207 Sonoma Trail, Ennis.
- March 7 — Tahoka: City Hall Meeting Room, 1807 Main St., Tahoka.
- March 8 — Groesbeck: Groesbeck Convention Center, 106 E. Navasota St., Groesbeck.
- March 9 — Cameron: Bea’s Kitchen, 101 E. Main St., Cameron.
The hearings in Emory and Beaumont will focus on proposed changes to fishing regulations, primarily those for freshwater. The remainder of the hearings will focus on proposed changes to deer and migratory game bird hunting regulations.
In addition, a live online public hearing via webinar will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 3. Details and instructions for participation in the webinar will be available on the TPWD website home page on the day of the event.
Public comment will also be taken at the March 24 meeting of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission at TPWD headquarters in Austin before the Commission votes on proposed changes.